When you are preparing for a generational shift or going to close down the company there is a common focus on economy and legal matters. Therefore it is natural to call on lawyers and accountants. On the other hand your personal and underlying needs, values and worries are left to their own devices. That often means that the major shift is not proceeding in a desirable way. Maybe it is not landing at all.
Some relevant questions you can ask yourself are:
- What feelings am I stuck in?
- What beliefs and conceptions are playing a trick on me?
- How can my worries be turned into some critical success factors I can deal with?
- What do I need to let go of?
If you have a personal coach and constructive partner for discussion you can create a process, which inspires you both personally and professionally. It helps you challenge your mindset and your potential and gives you the courage to do the right thing even if it hurts.
The core aim in the process is that you:
- Turn worries and uncertainties into acceptance and drive
- Meet and cope with your feelings and needs
- Discover your personal virtues and how you can use yourself in new ways
- Make an action plan that supports the necessary business process